Roasted Sardines with Garlic and Herb Crust
Simply delicious roasted sardines with a garlic herb crust - you can practically eat them with your hands.
- 1 pound fresh sardines cleaned, rinsed and patted dry
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 2 teaspoons French mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice plus extra lemon for serving
- 1 tablespoon dry oregano
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dry onion flakes
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- freshly ground pepper
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh parsley chopped
Preheat oven at 430 F (220 C) with the fan on.
In a large bowl mix all the ingredients except the fresh parsley and the sardines.
Add the sardines in the bowl and mix gently so that all the sardines are coated.
Grease a pan (or cooking dish) with some olive oil and place the sardines so that they are all in one layer, drizzle any leftover dressing on the fish.
Roast for 15-17 minutes a bit more if they are larger sardines.
Remove, sprinkle with fresh parsley and a squeeze of lemon.