Authentic Baked Feta and Tomatoes
For this delicious traditional Greek dish, feta and tomatoes along with a hot pepper are roasted until soft and melty.
Servings 2 servings
- 15 ounces (400 g) cherry tomatoes
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 ounces (120 g) feta in a block not crumbled
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 tsp dry oregano
- 1 small hot pepper
- 2 tbsp fresh chopped mint or basil
- 4 oz (about 1 cup) dry penne pasta or similar type optional
Preheat the oven at 350 F (180 C)
In medium sized baking dish spread the tomatoes.
Drizzle 2 tablespoons over the tomatoes and toss.
Place the feta in the center of the baking dish, sprinkle with oregano, black pepper and place the hot pepper on top of the feta. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil.
Bake for 35 minutes. If adding pasta, start boiling it now and set aside.
Remove from oven and smash the feta -tomato a bit before serving.
Sprinkle with chopped mint before serving
- To serve as an appetizer, accompany with some bread.
- To serve as a meal, add the pasta and mix.