Nowadays it is very difficult to find a chip or cracker in the supermarket that doesn’t contain palm oil and a bunch of other not so great ingredients, so why not make your own chips? These are very easy to make and only require a few minutes to prepare.
I use regular phyllo (make sure the phyllo you buy does not contain any added fat), along with olive oil, grated cheese and herbs if you like. These are great as a snack on their own or you can serve them as an appetizer with one of the many popular Greek dips such as tzatziki, taramosalata, melitzanosalata.
This recipe may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases, which means that I’ll earn a small commission if you purchase through these links (at no cost to you).
3 Ingredient Baked Phyllo Chips
- 4 phyllo sheets defrosted if you buy frozen
- Olive oil for brushing
- Grated cheese
- Dry herbs optional
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit (180 C)
- Place a phyllo sheet on the surface you will be working on.
- Brush generously with olive oil, sprinkle with a bit of grated cheese and herbs. Place a second sheet of phyllo on top of the first one, brush with olive oil and sprinkle with grated cheese and herbs
- Continue the layering process with 2 more sheets, finishing with a sprinkle of grated cheese and some freshly ground pepper.
- Cut in pieces using a pizza wheel (cutter).
- Using a spatula place each piece on a pan lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for about 6-8 minutes until golden.
- Remove from oven. Once cool store in an air tight container.
Photo by Elena Paravantes© All Rights Reserved