Nowadays it is very difficult to find a chip or cracker in the supermarket that doesn’t contain palm oil and a bunch of other not so great ingredients, so why not make your own chips? These are very easy to make and only require a few minutes to prepare.
I use regular phyllo (make sure the phyllo you buy does not contain any added fat), along with olive oil, grated cheese and herbs if you like. These are great as a snack on their own or you can serve them as an appetizer with one of the many popular Greek dips such as tzatziki, taramosalata, melitzanosalata.
3 Ingredient Baked Phyllo Chips
- 4 phyllo sheets defrosted if you buy frozen
- Olive oil for brushing
- Grated cheese
- Dry herbs optional
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit (180 C)
- Place a phyllo sheet on the surface you will be working on.
- Brush generously with olive oil, sprinkle with a bit of grated cheese and herbs. Place a second sheet of phyllo on top of the first one, brush with olive oil and sprinkle with grated cheese and herbs
- Continue the layering process with 2 more sheets, finishing with a sprinkle of grated cheese and some freshly ground pepper.
- Cut in pieces using a pizza wheel (cutter).
- Using a spatula place each piece on a pan lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for about 6-8 minutes until golden.
- Remove from oven. Once cool store in an air tight container.
Photo by Elena Paravantes© All Rights Reserved