Celebrate the holidays with these delicious Mediterranean Christmas brunch recipes. Christmas day has always been a day where we open gifts and spend time around the tree and generally take it easy -and when it comes to the food, brunch is the way to go! I’ve compiled a list of brunch favorites, mostly Greek or with a Mediterranean touch. I’m especially fond of the traditional Greek pies (pites), as they are great for anytime of the day and you can make them ahead, plus they are best when served at room temperature. Salads are a perfect accompaniment and I’ve also added a few meat dishes, the Greek meatballs being a favorite. There is something here for everyone: vegan, vegetarian, gluten free-you name it! And most of these dishes are plant based so not only are they delicious but also good for you. And for dessert, I always have on hand the Greek Christmas classics melomakarona (vegan juicy honey cookies) and kourabiedes (rich butter cookies), but I’ve added a few other choices here.
1. Spanakopita- Spinach Pie
2. Tiropita – Cheese Pie
3. Prasopita -Leek Pie
4. Patsavouropita – Quick & Easy Feta Pie
5. Kolokithopita – Zucchini Pie
6. Festive Winter Mediterranean Salad
7. Classic Greek Winter Cabbage Salad
8. Lentil and Grape Salad
9. Baby Spinach, Lentil and Pear Salad
10. Sweet Potato and Chickpea Salad
11. Baked Eggs with Feta and Spinach
12. Greek Style Scrambled Eggs with Tomato-Kagianas
13. Classic Greek Omelette with Feta
14. Greek Spinach and Rice- Spanakorizo
15. Greek Lentils and Rice -fakorizo
16. Greek Roasted Meatballs
17. Baked Spiced Meatballs in Tomato Sauce
18. Honey Glazed Chicken Legs
19. Savory Feta, Spinach and Pepper Muffins
20. Greek Carrot-Parsley Breadsticks
21. Vegan Almond-Cocoa Bites
22. Galatopita- Greek Custard Pie
23. Brownies made With Olive Oil and Greek Yogurt
24. Greek Walnut Cake
25. Olive Oil Banana Bread
SAVE FOR LATER AND PIN IT!
Photos by Elena Paravantes© All Rights Reserved
Love your recipes! Since being on Mediterranean Diet last June I’ve lost 21#!!! It was easy(we love Mediterranean food) and having a good quality piece of chocolate with a few ounces of red wine as our dessert has been yummy!
We shared these pies and sweets this holiday season. Everyone in the family loves it! Every bite burst with happiness, it’s like the heaven opened its gates. This is so good, so thumbs up!
Hi! These pie and salad recipes are still best for New Year’s Eve party. I know that my family will love this. Thanks for this. Xoxo. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
Thank you Jennifer!
Been following you for awhile. Your site looks good and is looking even better lately. Here’s wishing you a very merry Christmas and a happy new year!
Thank you Ken! Happy Holidays!
Hi Elena, thank you for these recipes. Will have a go.
Have a great Christmas with Family bises
Merry Christmas Caroline! Enjoy the holidays!
Thank you! This all looks and sounds delicious!
You are welcome!
Thanks for all these recipes, Elena… Merry Christmas/ Happy Holidays 🙂
Thank you Eva! Happy Holidays!